March 2, 2011

A Year Without Blog

I am afraid the title of this post reveals way too much about me, but hopefully no one will really get the reference. (Thank you, Selena Gomez).

I'm finding it hard to believe that I started this blog over a year ago, and have written exactly one post (and deleted four others). It takes a lot of discipline and perseverance to be this much of a slacker. The truth is, I find it harder and harder to keep a personal blog. Ignoring the fact that I can barely find time to brush my teeth, let alone blog, I also have a hard time pinpointing which "personality" I want to unleash on the social networking world.

See, other people have no problems writing snarky blog posts, and then switching to profoundly inspirational ones, or even informative posts that teach something. But I have a hard time bringing together the motley group of personalities that exist within me (do I sound crazy yet?). It isn't easy to market yourself as a professional freelance book editor while calling people "bitches" and talking about your kids' fart conversations. At least, I don't think it is.

The truth of the matter is, I talk like a trucker, have a sick sense of humor, and can be pretty obnoxious on occasion. Because of this I've stayed away from blogging--all kinds, be it personal or professional. Which has probably hurt me when it comes to getting new editing clients. I've actually shied away from the whole "social networking as a marketing instrument" thing.

Image from Google

But I find there is just too much I want to say, too much I want to write out, and even if no one ever reads it, I have to have an outlet. So, this is my personal blog/site. I will also have a professional one that is launching very soon. And never the twain shall meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment