March 21, 2010

I'm a Gypsy, Are You Coming With Me?

The imminent move is nearly upon us. Anticipation has been nibbling at my soul as I wait for the date to slowly make it's way here. I am both excited and anxious, but this has always been the way. There is the eternal gypsy inside of me that loves to take on a new place. She sees it as a buffet of experience and lessons to be plucked and cultivated to suit my own needs.

I will not miss this place with its gritty brown canvas and arid climate. I have spent more time here than I intended and the circumstances surrounding my stay have begun to take their toll. I have learned whatever lesson the Universe has wished me to learn and I am ready to embark on the next leg of my journey.

The days feel longer here, less exciting and even though it is the Valley of the Sun, I feel as if I have been living in the Valley of the Shadow of Death. It's not as if it wasn't expected. I knew what I was getting into when I extended the invitation to open my home to family. Like the proverbial moth, I stepped into the fire pit with wings spread wide.

But that has all passed and there is no time for regret. I have been a salmon too long, and I no longer fancy being eaten by bears. I am moving forward, swimming with the current this time, instead of against it.

1 comment: